Our Giving Tuesday Campaign: A New Place for A Safe Place
A Safe Place is looking forward to your generous support of our 2021 Giving Tuesday Campaign. Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving which is taking place on November 30th, 2021. This day is “an opportunity for people around the world to come together to thank, help, give, show kindness, and share what they have with those in need.” A Safe Place has been grateful to be aided by grassroots generosity and community support, which is what Giving Tuesday is all about. Please consider donating to A Safe Place this November 30th or before in order to help us celebrate this day of generosity and to support survivors of domestic violence and their mental health.
After 43 years, A Safe Place is moving. Our new Mental Health Community Center will allow us to double our capacity to serve the community due to an unprecedented rise in demand, particularly for our mental health services. This new site will also allow us to expand mental health services to support families facing violence in the home.
Our new Community Mental Health Center will cost $2.2 million but over 75% has already been committed or pending. Can you help us bridge the gap of $500,000?
Here are some ways you can support our Giving Tuesday in celebration for our 43rd anniversary:
• Donate $43, $430, $4,300 or even $43,000 online for our new Community Mental Health Center
• Make a special donation of appreciated stock to support this one-time capital campaign.
• Introduce us to a community member who may be able to invest in this project.
A Safe Place will continue to provide critical services to survivors of domestic violence:
• 24/7 Crisis Hotline
• Emergency Shelter
• Emergency Transportation
• Basic Necessities
• Trauma-Informed Counseling
• Case Management
• Teen Dating Prevention Education
• Legal Aid
• Re-entry Aid
• Court and Social Service Advocacy
• CalWorks Job Readiness
• Community Education and Outreach
• Refer a victim or survivor to us for mental health services, information and referrals
If you are committed to ending violence at home, join us as a supporter!